Move to Durham and Never Leave // Martha
It is killing me to think that everyone will move away
I’m still here hanging on and adjusting everyday
It’s the inconsistency that just gets the best of me
It just gets the best of me
Am I the only one with nowhere else to be?
the new Martha LP is incredible (and obviously I’m ridiculously into this song because Pruney is one of my fave people)
Clean and full of tea, still tired, still missing joe and missing my friends but feeling so much calmer about it.
Had a minor breakdown on my way home from work, a couple of miserable days has made it too hard to keep pushing things to the back of my mind. Since then my friend sent me a poem to read and then I looked into a wonderful artist. Art is truly comforting and necessary. I forget that sometimes.
I’m trying hard to live by Cat Principles.
1. I am glorious above all things
2. Eat when hungry, sleep when sleepy, play when bored
3. Affection is given and received on my terms and only mine
4. Show displeasure clearly.
6. Demand the things you want. If they aren’t given, demand them again, but louder this time.
7. If you are touched when you don’t want to be, say so. If they continue to touch you, make them bleed.
Today I’m getting groceries, drinking copious amounts of tea and hopefully crafting which i have not done at all since i moved house.